Thursday, July 31, 2008

Things I LOVE about summer

1.  Brandon spontaneously playing the piano. He quit lessons about 1 1/2 years ago and did not play for a year. He learns a popular song off U-Tube and then practices it over and over.


2. Carson and I have time to work on BEAR requirements for Cub Scouts. Yesterday, he made a list of things to do in a day and the last item was, "I will NOT pick something from the Chore box!" I wish I could have that on my daily list!

3.  Seeing my boys read new books.

4.  Watching the boys play with their 3-year-old sister. Even though you would think they don't have much in common, I caught them with Jessie's doll house--donated by Patti Ward. Their green, plastic army men moved in and set up base camp! Jessie was happy to have a ball-gown dressed Cinderella cook and clean for the crew!

5.  Meeting friends and children at the public pool. Our community has a GREAT pool system-we can visit 7 pools as often as we would like as a family for only $95 a year! DEAL!

6.  With 12 sandal-covered feet in the house, the SOCK WAR has been suspended until fall.

7.  Making sand castles with Jessie

8.  After 16 years of trying to keep a "clutter" free house, we now adopt a 3 room policy. The kitchen--living room--dining room remain free of possible hazardous waste and all other rooms get picked up ONLY if  someone is visiting. 




3 comments:

Andrea said...

I like rule #8. I might have to fit the one in my rule book.

HLFackrell said...

I love how the boys playing are with Jessie and the doll house. Base camp, what a riot.

Tara said...

Isn't it great to do a load of laundry with only 4 socks in it?! I love that, too. I like your clutter solution, too -- in my cozy apartment, the entire first floor would always be clean! :)