Friday, July 4, 2008

Joys, Fears, etc

I was "tagged" and believe me, I feel so "in with the crowd" now.


Joys
1.  Read-ins with my children in bed! The teenagers REFUSE to read in bed so I'll enjoy my 9-year-old for a little while longer.

2.  Watching my children nurture and perform their talents for others.

3.  Hearing Jessie talk the first thing in the morning and talk non-stop all day! 

4.  Good conversations with close friends who have fabulous ideas on raising children.

5.  Sunday afternoon when ALL FOUR children are together and spend hours wrestling on the floor!


Fears-
1.  Losing a child! We lost a three-year-old Carson at DisneyWorld for 1 hour and I went into hyper panic mode where logical thinking is impossible. Jessie nearly puts me into this mode on a daily basis as she has NO FEAR of wandering away from me to explore mysteries around her! 

2.  A sleep-deprived husband will fall asleep at the wheel as he travels home from work and leave me to raise these CHILDREN!

3.  Watching my children nurture and perform their talents for others.

4. In 2 years my first son will be going to college and I fear that I have not taught him all there is to survive on his own.  I hope he can survive on chocolate chip cookies as he makes a MEAN cookie!

Goals

1.  Transferring 15 years of 8-mm video tape onto digital format and having FUN doing it! 

2.  Walk 5 times a week.

3.  Survive mothering with little injury to my physical and emotional well-being! RIGHT!

4.  Organize my Christmas village collection. It has been DISPLAYED on the mantle for 2 years now and I'm becoming quite used to it! How Embarrassing!

Obsessions

1.  Blogging

2.  American Idol

3. Diet  Coke

4. Talking to sister Tanya on the phone!!!!!!!!

Collections

1.  My SECRET stash of dove chocolate

2.  GIRL clothes. I have some that are size 6!!!!!!!!!!  (that's not adult size 6, but a kid size 6) I'm not that OBSESSED!

3.  Friends 

Hope to Hear from you!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That was fun to hear more about you, and your daily life. I can realate with most of your worries.