Monday, April 19, 2010

A week of milestones....

My 15-year-old got his braces off this week. The 15-minute appointment was worth the 2 years of waiting for a beautiful smile. Spring's awakening of the fragrant flowers has released the pollen and Hunter struggles with allergies and asthma. I miss his green, glowing eyes, but appreciate his clear sight--especially when he practices driving with me!

Jessica met her classmates for next year's kindergarten class at the annual round-up!  
(my sister-in-law lives in a different state and said, "Although they don't call it round-up here. Here Round-up is what you use to kill things...which should not be associated with Kindergarten"

 She was so thrilled and said--screamed-- to me today that she does not have to go to pre-school since she is in kindergarten.  Since I am still paying the fee and NEED my sanity time, she is going.


Here is one of the many pictures taken for Brandon's senior photo shoot. If you have a teenage son, you know the campaign that you must sweep just to get them to POSE for a picture. Why would such a handsome young man in the prime of his life give up the battle of documenting his fleeting good looks for a mere connection with ESPN? 


He SCORED on this one, even though Tiger Woods did not!

5 comments:

Tara said...

congrats on the great smiles - all around! :) Your kids look great - I cannot believe how grown up they all are!

Becky said...

Holy smokes, your kids are SO OLD. Have we really been gone that long?!? I love your takes on motherhood!!

The clinicals coordinator says we can bet on returning to KC for clinicals, we just won't know 100% for sure until, like, the week before we come (next spring). If a spot opens up at OP Estates, though, me and the kids are SO THERE!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

So funny about the Senior Portraits. Just loved having mine done. But I'm a girl. :s

I wish schools around here did a round-up. How fun! :)

Thanks for the visit...hope you'll come back for Decorating Dilemmas, even if you don't have anything to link up. :)

Laura said...

That round-up thing cracked me up! Your kids have such beautiful smiles! (I'm a little obsessed with teeth lately since Gracie is just starting the braces process!) I love to see "after" pictures--they help me see it will all be worth it in the end! ;-)

Dawn said...

My 4 yr old is going to be going to kindergarten next year too-the first of my girls to go full day-not sure I'm looking forward to it but I think she'll love it!! What a beautiful senior picture!!!