Sunday, April 11, 2010

5 Browns and Carson's weekend!!

This weekend, the 5 Browns, siblings who all play grand pianos simultaneously, performed 2 pieces on 5 Grand Steinways at Schmidt Music near our house. Carson and I attended the concert at the store advertised to us by email.

Carson got to meet the 5 amazing siblings. Carson shared with, Ryan, the oldest, that Carson struggles with tourettes and he still plays the piano and loves it. He also conversed with Desirae, the youngest Julliard graduate, who has lost her sight in one eye and is learning to live with this disibility. Desirae continues to excel at playing and memorizing very challenging music. Carson was so honored to meet such amazing musicians and MORMONS! We expressed our amazement at this young girl's strength through her disibility.

Sunday night we attended a special presentation at our Lenexa Stake Center Church and heard each of the 5 Browns play a solo piece as well as share inspiring stories and testimony of their faith.

Desirae, the last presenter, began her talk sharing the story of Carson and I meeting her at Schmidt. (did not use our names--unknown to her) She talked about disabilities and how everyone struggles with some weakness or challenge. Relying on the Lord for strength and faith can "make weak things strong."

What a powerful testimony of enduring trials and learning and growing from them. I am so thankful Carson was acknowledged. (about 500 people were in attendance) He was so happy and pleased that she mentioned him. I am grateful for his sweet spirit. It was certainly a "STARSTRUCK" moment for him!

What a powerful week it has been for Carson!

5 comments:

whitney said...

That's so great that they told about Carson! I bet the performance was so cool! I thought about going...but soon realized it'd be less then ideal with three small, very tired kiddos on board.

Christina said...

That is really awesome! Congrats, Carson! I'm so happy that others can recognize what an awesome kid he is and it's always inspirational to meet others who have learned to succeed with difficulties in their lives. :)

The Dooley Family said...

How cool! I was SOOO jealous that I would miss that when I heard about it! I'm so glad they got to go! What a great weekend for Carson!

Tara said...

I am so glad you got to see them!!!!!!! They are coming to Columbus later this week, and I have tickets to take Joseph (I'm kidnapping him for a TARA-style date). And Carson, I think you are GREAT! I miss you!!! Keep playing (the piano and life) :)

Lori said...

Sometimes little miracles are granted to us...in the form of musicians we've just met. What a sweet, tender mercy if even just to boost Carson's spirit!