Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Animals Have Escaped

Today, my son has an appointment for his SENIOR PHOTO SHOOT.

It will only last 10 minutes---according to him--he has no time or interest in taking pictures!  

(You might know why if you look at my BLOG)


The Animals Have Escaped--is the name my blog because I am losing one of my "animals" soon!

I am Stephanie Bishop and I started blogging 2 years ago to keep in touch with my family and store all the thousands of pictures I take of all the events my four children participate in--3 BOYS and 1 GIRL--the surprise at the end of the rainbow!

Someday, my future-daughter-in-laws will scrutinize this information and wonder if she should marry into this crazy family!!!

Technology is so intriguing to me and learning and expanding my skills keeps the synapses in my brain connected. 23 years of marriage has produced a lot of visual memories and the large, heavy scrapbooks sitting on my shelf, neglected and full of dust, are proof. Digital archiving and retrieval takes so much less space, time and energy! (that point CAN BE argued)  Here I am ignoring my precious daughter to meet more "virtual" friends.

Drawn to this hobby seem to be a crowd of young Moms seeking that much needed adult interaction. What a refreshing look into the future by learning about the empowering women who are raising the future leaders of tomorrow!  You inspire me with your energy, wit, creative skills, mothering gifts and so much more.

MOMMY IN THE MIDDLE is a new endeavor I am embarking on. Middle-aged, living in the midwest, in the middle of the country, and in the middle of my parenting years, I will post my reflections on my blog in the middle of the week


WEDNESDAY!


Hope to meet some of you and offer you some humorous insights into raising children!


Lisa Bearnson, of Creative Keepsakes fame, worked with me at our college's paper, The Daily Universe, and we had many classes together and worked on our senior project.  I even went to her wedding reception (probably gave her a cheap wedding present--we were poor students then)

She is a blogger, right!!


I would like to connect with her again!





7 comments:

Denise said...

I just clicked on over to you from 'Dishing It' and wanted to say hi, love your cute blog. I haven't taken part in this yet (just saw it today) but I like the idea so hopefully I can post a little something this weekend on why I blog ;)
Pop over if you get a chance, I love meeting new bloggers.
Hugs Denise

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi there! LOVE that last photo of your kids...they look like they'd be fun to hang out with. :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and linking up. Hope you're having fun "mingling." :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

you look like you have fun with your kids and i LOVE that!

Misty said...

Thanks for visiting my place at Yellow Shoe Day. It's taken me a while to get back to everyone. But so fun meeting new people. I love the title of your blog. It makes me laugh and reminds mw of the message we have on our answering machine. My 6 year olds voice says " Thanks for calling the (our last name) Zoo. Please leave a message." With 4 kids and a dod it really is a zoo!

Misty said...

Ok I'm typing too fast! Sorry about the typos above!

Holly Renee said...

Ha! I can just imagine your future daughter in law checking out this blog. It looks great though. That last picture is so fun!

Lauren said...

hey his senior pics look great! if you're ever in arizona i have lots of cute girlfriends for him to date!