Monday, August 8, 2011

BVN Band Camp--EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING

Last week, Hunter spent the majority of his days practicing with the Blue Valley North Marching Mustangs in preparation for the 2011-12 season. Typically, this group uses the football field for their practice formations and drills, however, temperatures over 100 degrees kept the students in the air conditioned band room much of the week. 
Tuesday reached a high of 112 degrees--a record-setting weather event in Overland Park!
A reprieve from the intense heat was enjoyed on Thursday and Friday and the students and directors were able to get some field time.

A tradition for many years includes a Saturday "preview" show on the field and parents, siblings, and other relatives are invited to join the marchers--IF THEY DARE!



A cool, misty morning was a perfect way to spend time together with the family and follow the lead of our alto sax player!


Much of the week, I spent preparing and serving the BVN band as the Band Parent President. I am responsible for agendas and updates for monthly band parent meetings, the first which was held on Saturday. I also oversee events, fundraisers, and other band experiences and support the parents in their volunteer efforts. 

 As this is my second son to perform in the band, I am well experienced and informed of the band schedule, events, and performances and it is my time to serve in this volunteer capacity.
I do love my BVN Marching Mustangs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi hunter!!! you look sexy