Sunday, September 13, 2009

NEW Lenexa Stake Center

After more than 10 years waiting, planning, and building, the NEW Stake Center was dedicated on Sunday. During that time, we have met in a nearby Convention Center for Stake Conference and used other Stake Buildings for large Stake events. It has been a pain, to say the least. We are thrilled to have a place to gather as a Lenexa Stake.
In fact, this Saturday, a large Preparedness Fair will be held--invitations have been extended to community members who live in the neighborhood as well as Civic leaders including the mayor, fire/police departments and the Red Cross. What a celebration.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Stephanie-I love this picture of you...you are one stylin' mom! Growing up in Garden City, KS, I know how exciting it can be when you finally have a building to call your own. That's awesome. Not like there's one on every corner. (Like in Utah! :-) )

The Dooley Family said...

Wow: what a great picture of your family! I'm so jealous that I never got to see it!! I waited all that time to get a stake center too and then I left a week and a half before it was done!! Craziness!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Thanks Lori--You made my day!