Tuesday, July 28, 2009

MAMA Festival 2009--DoubleTree Hotel

Carson and Hunter have been working very hard learning their pieces for the MAMA festival at the end of July.

Carson memorized "Mile High" and "Apache Braves"  and Hunter has learned 2 religious songs from LDS composers, "Be Still My Soul" and Music Chains--Press Forward Saints and Come Come Ye Saints".

This is Hunter's LAST festival as he will be a freshman in High School and have no extra time for lessons. Kate Naylor is also "retiring" from Julie Silverburg's piano studio. I am proud of both dedicated students that have learned and grown so much on the instrument.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I love that your family is always busy with such great stuff. You have such talented (and great) kids!

Thanks for your super nice and generous comments on my blog. I know for sure that I was the person who benefited most from my short stint in the OP 1 RS presidency. I miss getting to glean wisdom from three such wise and accomplished ladies! It's looking more and more like we may be back in OP in a year or so!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Will you come back to complete the last 2 years of medical school? You know what a great place it is! How does Jaron like the program and the professors there? Is he challenged in his learning and enjoying the courses? Medicine is a good career choice--it just takes FOREVER to get trained!

Lori said...

What talented young men! They will be a great asset as missionaries wherever they serve. Music is such an important part of my families life as well. Thanks for sharing.