Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

I am NOT a cook or a crafty person. My idea of a meal is anything that can be done in less than 1/2 hour and be 65% healthy! Since consumption of the food by the boys only takes 2 minutes, I like to cut my losses. In the early years of preparing food, I attempted creative recipes only to learn that taste buds aren't linked to intelligence or parental pleading. Today, if 1 child enjoys the meal it is a recipe-filer KEEPER!

So for Valentine's Day, I attempted a simple new recipe--PORK ROAST--3 members of the family raved and the rest STARVED! 

You get what you get and don't throw a Fit!

Of course, dessert was the best part!

Click to play 2009 Valentine's DAy
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

4 comments:

Sheffer's said...

Congrats on trying a pork roast! I love them, they are so good. I have a great recipe for doing one in the crock pot, polynesian style that you shred over rice if you ever want to try it!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

I would love it as I have another pork roast. I'll give it another try.

HLFackrell said...

I love that you try new things. I don't like to cook either. I'm lucky to have kids that do. That way they make what they like.

Tara said...

Stephanie, I love your sense of humor - I'm not too excited about the crazy schedules part of having teenagers. Hopefully I can roll w/ the punches as well as you do!