Thursday, August 12, 2010

MAMA festival 2010

During the summer, Carson earned his 5 year GOLD cup from his teacher Julie Silferburg because he participated in 5 years of piano festivals. This year, we traveled to St. Louis for the MAMA competition where Carson performed two pieces.
Carson, Jessie and I then drove to Cedarburg, Wisconsin to visit with two of Brad's sisters. 


On the Bridge at Twilight




Dance Vivace


The Highlight of our Wisconsin trip for Carson was a SURPRISE ticket to see his 
FAVORITE musical
WICKED!!!!!!!
While traveling in the van to and from activities this summer, Carson listened to the soundtrack to WICKED and memorized all the lyrics. It quickly became his favorite music.

One day he asked me a most mature question:

"Why do people treat others who are different like they are WICKED? They can't help being born different."

After composing myself, I thoughtfully gave him my answer and explained why I was so proud of him for being a good example to me of being kind to everyone.
I realized that WICKED was actually playing in Milwaukee the weekend we would be visiting. After calling the Box Office, I secured 2 tickets to the Saturday performance.
Even though our seats were 30 seats apart, he sat mesmerized the entire performance.





Carson, Jessie and I enjoyed a 5-day trip to visit with Brad's sisters and families. Brad's sister, Maria, and Jeff Arvoy recently moved into their new home in Cedarburg, Wisconsin and were in need of some "shopping" sisters to fill the house with 

2 comments:

whitney said...

How fun for him! What a kind, thoughtful boy you're raising.

Lori said...

Way to go Carson...loved your piano pieces! I got to see Wicked this year too. It was FANTASTIC!