Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hunter's busy summer

As toddlers, these boys were often dressed alike. It was NOT my intention to torture them and put them in matching clothes (maw ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!), however, participating in a 2-day youth TREK in 106 degree heat MIGHT be made bearable with lightly-colored clothing and material. The THRIFT store's limited choices happened to result in the image below!!!!!!!!!
....the shades were DEFINITELY the boy's idea....

Hunter is spending the week at KU in Lawrence, KS with a youth group. Micah Hansen has been his best friend since he was 6 years old and they are "roomies."  Hannah Ward and Eliza Scow are also participating in the camp! 

Helping the boys set-up their dorm made me realize that in less than 2 months we will be doing the same thing for Brandon, although it WON'T be for a week!

...Seasame Street Blanket---MOM's idea!   (GENIUS)


6 comments:

Valerie M said...

I love the matching outfits!!! Looks like they are all in for a great adventure!! Your blog looks great!

trooppetrie said...

i love matching outfits for my girls. I recently learned to make pillow case dresses and now they have several more outfits that match

whitney said...

Poor guys, rumor has it that was one HOT trek! As for the sesame street blanket...way to keep 'em humble.

ps-no, brad isn't bothering us at all. Mostly I feel sorry for him, poor guy, for having to work all day, day after day, outside!

Andrea said...

I love the outfits. How fun to decorate the dorms.

Yes, I only use free fonts. I wish I could remember where I got them. It was like 2 years ago when I downloaded. I should do some more soon. When I do, I will let you know.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have give you blog award :-)
Have a nice day.
Nan

Lori said...

Hey...don't even get me started about matching outfits! My grandma always made ALL the cousins matching shorts for the 4th of July...she's from Austria! We looked like the VON TRAPP children :-) HA! HA!