Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Best of 2017



I have enjoyed seeing this #bestofnine2017 hashtag from others and reflecting on joys, sorrows, and trials of friends & family. I hesitated learning how the photos were generated because I knew instinctively my #mybestnine2017 photos would include so many of my father. But I dove in because today I have been crying so much anyway that my makeup is already smeared! One of the last days my father was alive, I witnessed him have a stroke, and subsequently lose his speech. I will never “unsee” that image. The caring geriatric Physician and team of EMT’s in the room held my hand while I held my father’s hand and the doctor offered a prayer of love, support, and compassion to assist my Father and family through the next stages of care. On that day, I was hugged, comforted and offered support from no less than 6 strangers whom worked in healthcare. I believe in people. I believe in compassion. I believe during our darkest moments when decisions continue to need to be made, God will send his Angels to assist us in persevering and moving forward. 

No comments: