Monday, June 2, 2014

California Adventures: Tustin to San Francisco

Arriving at my destination of Orange County, California to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday was an exercise in extreme diligence, strategy and emotion.

Only 2 days before my father was moved to a short-term rehab center for recovery of liver failure brought on by medication, I left home to spend 9 days with Chris Lentz and my brother Greg and family and sister, Tanya. Although it was a planned trip for a happy occasion, my emotions and energy were low. This movie is a reflection and videologue of our vacation together as siblings.

TUSTIN & Carlsbad photos



After a relaxing four days with my sisters, I rented a car in Tustin, CA and drove by myself to San Francisco. It was a peaceful and enduring 8-hour drive through dessert and ocean views.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE PICTURES
Brad, Carson, and Jessie flew into San Francisco and met me. While Brad attended a medical conference, the kids and I explored the city zoo and downtown Children's Academy of Science. We had a delightful time.



CLICK HERE FOR A I-PHOTO BOOK of Breathtaking pictures of our Bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge.

MORE PICTURES OF OUR ZOO TRIP AT THIS LINK




In our rental car, Carson, Jessie and I traveled to the San Francisco Academy of Sciences Children's Science Museum. It was a fabulous museum with modern and newly renovated buildings and dynamic displays. Here is a slideshow of pictures I took.


http://youtu.be/w_WMXfsp544






After our 3-day stay in the city, we took the rental car to Monterrey, Ca and visited the WORLD FAMOUS Aquarium in the quaint city.

Use THIS LINK to SEE pictures of our Aquarium tour

We also stayed over-night and explored Pebble Beach and Carmel by the Sea. The scenery was beautiful and refreshing to behold.

Use THIS LINK to see a photo album of beautiful pictures.




Our magical Summer vacation was over much too quickly, however, it was a welcome beginning to a fun-filled SUMMER!!




No comments: