Saturday, October 13, 2012

Central States Marching Festival

Carson, Jessie and I drove 2 hours to Manhattan, Kansas to watch some of the BEST Kansas High School Bands perform in the Central States Marching Festival. Although the first two performances were performed in wind, rain, and cold, the rest of the day was overcast, but quite dry.

My enthusiasm for strong, bold, and loud sounds from a marching band have always rivaled that of my children, and Brad. I admit, these two young fans were a bit coerced to stay until the K-State College Band performance at 8:30 PM, only to have the performance canceled because of lightening. I need to say how proud of them for listening for 6 hours with only a SHORT break for Taco Bell!

BVN scored the highest rating with their combined show!!!

No comments: